1. About Daktari.net Website
2. We do not provide Medical Advice
- The Content that you obtain or receive from Daktari.net, its employees, contractors, partners, sponsors, advertisers, licensors or otherwise through the Services, is for informational, scheduling and payment purposes only. All medically related information, including, without limitation, information shared via Daktari.net Answers, the Daktari.net blog, Daktari.net social channels, Daktari.net emails and text messages, and Daktari.net advertising, comes from independent healthcare professionals and organizations and is for informational purposes only. We do not recommend or endorse any specific tests, Healthcare Providers, procedures, opinions, or other information that may appear through the Services. If you rely on any Content, you do so solely at your own risk. We encourage you to independently confirm any Content relevant to you with other sources, including the Healthcare Provider�s office, medical associations relevant to the applicable specialty, your state medical boards, and the appropriate licensing or certification authorities to verify listed credentials and education..
- WHILE WE HOPE THE CONTENT IS USEFUL IN YOUR HEALTHCARE JOURNEY, IT IS NOT INTENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR, NOR DOES IT REPLACE, PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT. DO NOT DISREGARD, AVOID OR DELAY OBTAINING MEDICAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED HEALTHCARE PROVIDER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. DO NOT USE THE SERVICES FOR EMERGENCY MEDICAL NEEDS. IF YOU EXPERIENCE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, IMMEDIATELY CALL A HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL AND 911. YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. NOTHING STATED OR POSTED ON THE SITE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH ANY SERVICES IS INTENDED TO BE, AND MUST NOT BE TAKEN TO BE, THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE, DENTISTRY, NURSING, OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL HEALTHCARE ADVICE, OR THE PROVISION OF MEDICAL CARE.
2. General Requirements for using the Daktari.net Website
- PAGE ONE will make https://www.Daktari.net available to You on the terms and conditions of this Agreement and You may use Daktari.net Website in accordance with this Agreement.
- PAGE ONE takes the accuracy of its Database very seriously. If You see any material on Daktari.net Website which:
please let us know as soon as possible by contacting us .
- infringes any law, regulation, standard or relevant industry code;
- breaches the requirements of this Agreement;
- is incorrect,
- Daktari.net Website contains content created by third parties, other information obtained from public sources and links to other websites (such content and websites together, Third Party Content).
- Automated access to Daktari.net Website by or on behalf of internet search engines is permitted.
- You must not:
- access Daktari.net Website other than through the normal Daktari.net Website web interface;
- access Daktari.net Website through any automated means (including, without limitation, through the use of scripts or webcrawlers);
- infringe the intellectual property rights of others;
- impersonate or falsely state or misrepresent an affiliation with any person or organisation;
- use Daktari.net Website or any information contained on Daktari.net Website in connection with any surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any similar activity;
- violate any applicable law, regulation, standard or relevant industry code;
- sell, resell, reproduce, duplicate, trade or exploit for any commercial purpose any portion of, use of, access to or data on Daktari.net Website which does not form part of Your User Business Profile;
- You acknowledge and agree that PAGE ONE retains complete editorial control over Daktari.net Website and that PAGE ONE may, in its sole discretion and without notice to You:
- reject, remove, delete or amend any material contained on Daktari.net Website or in the Database at any time, including (without limitation) any material contained in any User Business Profile Listing;
- reject, refuse, remove, delete or amend any Content at any time;
- position Content and/or any User Business Profile as it sees fit;
- PAGE ONE may terminate this Agreement, remove Your User Business Profile Listing or any Content posted by You and/or refuse You access to Daktari.net Website if You have breached, or we consider that You will breach, this Agreement or for any other reason that PAGE ONE, in its sole discretion, sees fit.
- You acknowledge and agree that certain User Business Profile Listings on Daktari.net Website have been paid for by a business and will therefore be displayed before free User Business Profile Listings in the relevant search results.
3. User Business Profile Listing and Reviews
- You may use Daktari.net Website to add, amend and/or update a User Business Profiles Listing or a Review, solely on the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- All Content must:
- be complete and accurate;
- be supplied in the manner and format specified on Daktari.net Website;
- not be of a nature likely to bring Daktari.net Website into disrepute; and
- comply with all laws, regulations, standards and relevant industry codes.
- You must not:
- use Daktari.net Website to add or amend a User Business Profile Listing where You do not have the express authorisation of that business to do so;
- upload, post, transmit, publish or otherwise make available any Accessible Content that You do not have a right to make available under any law, regulation, rule or code or under contractual or other legal relationships;
- upload, post, transmit, publish or otherwise make available any false, misleading, inappropriate, profane, defamatory, abusive, threatening, obscene, indecent or unlawful Content or Accessible Content;
- infringe the intellectual property rights of others; or
- breach a law including, without limitation, any law that restricts advertising of a profession.
- If any of the information in the User Business Profile Listing for Your business changes, becomes out of date, or no longer complies with this Agreement, You must:
- immediately amend Your User Business Profile Listing so that it complies with this Agreement; and/or
- immediately notify us.
- You acknowledge and agree that by posting Content onto Daktari.net Website You consent to being contacted (on an ongoing basis) via any of the contact details contained in that Content, including (without limitation) where such contact involves receiving information about products or services which we think may interest You from Daktari.net Website.
4. Intellectual Property Rights
- Daktari.net Website and the Database is owned and operated by PAGE ONE. You acknowledge and agree that all intellectual property rights comprised in or relating to Daktari.net Website and the Database belong to PAGE ONE or our licensors, and that nothing in this Agreement constitutes a transfer of any intellectual property rights.
- You may download and view content and/or print a copy of material on Daktari.net Website for Your own use only, provided You do not:
- modify the content (including, without limitation, any copyright notice) in any way;
- make the content public; or
- use the content in a manner or for a purpose prohibited by this Agreement.
- You must not do anything which breaches or otherwise interferes with PAGE ONE's intellectual property rights. Except as expressly permitted by this Agreement or by law, You may not reproduce any content appearing on Daktari.net Website without our written permission and, if required, payment of a specified fee. Requests to reproduce any content may be made by contacting us .
- We may publish and communicate to the public any Content. By posting Content onto Daktari.net Website, You grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide and transferable licence to:
- reproduce, modify, add to, use, copy, publish, communicate and adapt the Content for any purpose and in any manner anywhere in the world, including (without limitation) on Daktari.net Website and as part of the Database;
- You must waive, and must ensure that all other persons waive, absolutely and irrevocably all moral rights in relation to any Content. For the purposes of this clause, a moral right may be waived by consenting to any act or omission which would otherwise constitute an infringement of that moral right.
- For the avoidance of doubt, You acknowledge and agree that:
- the Licence includes a right for us to make the Content available to the public via any website or as part of any services or products in any jurisdiction;
- we will allow Daktari.net Website users to search Content You have posted; and
- You will do everything necessary (including without limitation, on request, execution of any documents) to give PAGE ONE the full benefit of the licences, waivers and consents
- The Licence will survive any termination of this Agreement.
- Your use of some Third Party Content (including, without limitation, third party websites linked to Daktari.net Website) may be subject to a third party's terms and conditions of use. Nothing in this Agreement (or otherwise on Daktari.net Website) constitutes a licence or right for You to use such content.
- where possible, have that person provide us with that personal information directly.
You represent and warrant to PAGE ONE that:
- You are fully authorised to publish and to authorise PAGE ONE to publish all Content (including, without limitation, having full authorisation from any business whose User Business Profile You add, amend or update);
- publication of Accessible Content in accordance with this Agreement will not, at any time, infringe any intellectual property right, moral right or any right of confidence or other right of any person;
- You have the ability to grant the Licence;
- all Accessible Content will, at all times, comply with all applicable laws, regulations and relevant industry codes;
- all products and services advertised in Accessible Content will match the advertised description, and be available in the manner, at the price and for the time period advertised;
- the Accessible Content does not, and will not at any time, infringe any intellectual property right, moral right or any right of confidence or other right of any person;
- You have obtained the consent of all individuals whose personal information is included in the Content to:
- the collection of that personal information by PAGE ONE; and
- all Accessible Content will be current and accurate, and will not mislead or deceive end users of Daktari.net Website; and
- each website represented by any URL shown or embedded in the User Business Profile Listing for Your business:
- is controlled and operated by Your business or its independent contractor;
- will be functional and accessible at all times; and
- is suitable in all respects, including (without limitation) subject matter, to be linked to Daktari.net Website.
- Daktari.net Website is provided "as is", and You acknowledge and agree that PAGE ONE has no control over Third Party Content and that Your use of Daktari.net Website (including, without limitation, all material obtained from or linked to Daktari.net Website) is at Your sole risk. Nothing on Daktari.net Website constitutes the giving of financial or other advice. You should obtain qualified professional advice before acting on the basis of any information on Daktari.net Website.
- To the full extent permitted by law, PAGE ONE excludes all liability to You for any damages or loss (including without limitation, loss of profits, indirect or consequential loss) however caused (including, without limitation, damage or loss arising in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), statute or otherwise) suffered by You in connection with:
- Your use of, or reliance on, Daktari.net Website (or any information contained on or linked to Daktari.net Website);
- any dealing You have with any business displayed on Daktari.net Website.
- Certain legislation may imply warranties or conditions or impose obligations which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified except to a limited extent. This Agreement must be read subject to those statutory provisions. If those statutory provisions apply, notwithstanding any other provision in this Agreement, to the extent to which PAGE ONE is entitled to do so, PAGE ONE limits its liability in respect of any claim under those provisions to:
- the supply of the services again; or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
- You hereby indemnify and hold harmless PAGE ONE and its employees from and against any liability, loss, damage, costs and expense (including, without limitation, legal expenses on a full indemnity basis) and penalties incurred or suffered by any of them arising out of:
- Your breach of this Agreement, including (without limitation) a warranty;
- any act of fraud or wilful misconduct by or on behalf of You; and
- the publication or use of, or any act or omission in relation to, the Accessible Content including, without limitation, claims brought by any third party relating to defamation, negligent misstatement, injurious falsehood, contempt of court, rights of publicity and/or privacy, copyright infringement, trade mark infringement, other intellectual property infringement, passing off, misleading or deceptive conduct and any failure to comply with or fulfil any representations, warranties or agreements.
- We may provide You with notices by email, mail or by posting content on Daktari.net Website.
- You should carefully read and agree to this Agreement each time You use Daktari.net Website. Whilst PAGE ONE hopes not to have to alter this Agreement, it is possible that changes will be required from time to time. By using Daktari.net Website (including, without limitation, by posting any Content) You agree that the then current version of this Agreement will apply to that use.
- PAGE ONE may assign this Agreement provided that the relevant assignee undertakes to perform all of PAGE ONE's obligations herein. Subject to the foregoing, neither party may assign this Agreement in whole or in part.
- The indemnities in this Agreement are:
- continuing obligations of the parties, separate and independent from their other obligations and survive termination of this Agreement; and
- absolute and unconditional and unaffected by anything that might have the effect or prejudicing, releasing, discharging or affecting in any other way the liability of the party giving the indemnity.
9. Acceptable Use Policy
10. Profile Verification
Daktari.net offer profile verification to its members. The verification process includes:
Contact Information and documentary proof of information declared in our verified members' profiles. We verify registration with the Kenya Medical Practitioner & Dentist Boards where applicable.
Daktari.net does not verify the professional qualification of our members, nor are we able to verify that the documents submitted for verification are genuine.
Patients are urged to verify their practitioners personally and to the best of their own knowledge.
In this Agreement:
Content means all content posted by You onto Daktari.net Website including, without limitation, all text, graphics, icons, photographs, URLs and Reviews.
Accessible Content means all Content and all similar content on sites to which URLs contained in Your Content are linked.
User Business Profile Listing means a business profile in the Database. A User Business Profile may contain information about the profiled business, for example, contact details.
Database means the national database of Business Profiles which is collected by PAGE ONE and made accessible to the public via the online directory on Daktari.net Website.
Review means a review or other comment which You add to Daktari.net Website in relation to any User Business Profile or associated products and services.
If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions regarding these terms, please contact us .